Nippon Express Korea holds ceremony on April 15 to mark completion of Busan Global Logistics Center
April 20, 2016
Nippon Express Korea Co., Ltd. (Shinji Torimoto, President; hereinafter, "NE Korea"), on Friday, April 15, held a ceremony to celebrate the completion of the Busan Global Logistics Center in the Free Trade Zone (FTZ) of the Busan New Port Ungdong Hinterland Complex.
[Features of Busan Global Logistics Center]
1.Situated in one of the world's leading hubs
- The Port of Busan lies within 200km of the ports of Hakata and Kitakyushu and within 400km of Matsue, and there are as many as 57 sailings weekly to/from nearby Japan. The Logistics Center is located between the North Container Terminal (already in operation) and the West Container Terminal (scheduled to go into operation at a later date), at a site with easy access to highways connecting the old and new ports as well as bypasses leading into Busan.
2.Offers a variety of tax benefits
- Non-resident inventory* control is possible using NE Korea as an agent.
*If sales activities are not undertaken in South Korea and the only operations performed are the storage and handover of goods, then these goods will remain untaxed (distribution processing and resale during storage are nevertheless possible).
- There is no storage time limit for bonded cargo, enabling long-term storage without payment of duties.
- Duties need not be paid even if cargo is destroyed or otherwise disposed of.
[Background to construction of new warehouse]
- The Port of Busan ranks 6th worldwide in terms of the number of containers handled, and it is one of East Asia's leading maritime logistics hubs. With transit cargo constituting an extremely high 45% of the cargo handled there, Busan serves as a hub not only for cargo to/from South Korea but also for import and export cargo bound elsewhere.
- Nippon Express already operates a 15,285m2 warehouse at the Port of Busan, but it continues to received numerous inquiries from customers in the pharmaceutical, textile/apparel and various other industries. The volume of cargo handed for current customers such as automotive-related and mail-order sales companies is also expected to increase, so Nippon Express decided to build its own new facility to serve as a complementary location.
With the construction of the new warehouse, NE Korea now has 10 warehouses with a total floor area of 59,627m2.
Nippon Express will continue providing high-quality logistics services and supporting the global business endeavors of its customers.
[Profile of new warehouse]
|Address||:||393, Sinhang 8-ro, Jinhae-gu, Changwon-si, Gyeongsangnam-do, Republic of Korea|
|Structure||:||Three-story steel-frame/steel-reinforced concrete structure|
|Building area||:||18,680.96m2 (Breakdown)
|Office||:||Three-story building 1,228m2 (371 tsubo)|
|Principal facilities||:||Low- and high-floor platforms, two overhead ceiling cranes (5t, 10t)
Emergency power generator, photovoltaic unit
Please see the URL below for an example of Nippon Express Group logistics operations utilizing the Port of Busan:
Inquiries on this matter should be directed to:
|Contact:||Mr. Takisawa or Mr. Tanaka
Public Relations & Advertising Division, Nippon Express Co., Ltd.