NIPPON EXPRESS EUROPE WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
Effective date: May 25, 2018
1. OUR APPROACH TO PRIVACY
Nippon Express Europe and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “Nippon Express”) take your privacy seriously. Nippon Express understands transparency and respect are foundational aspects of longstanding relationships and, therefore, takes every reasonable effort to protect the information you provide to us.
This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the choices you can make about our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements.
We refer to personal data according to the following definition given in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
2. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DATA
We control the ways your personal data are collected and the purposes for which your personal data are used by Nippon Express and are the “data controller” for the purposes of national legislation and the European General Data Protection Regulation
Nippon Express entities responsible for the collection and use of your personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice are indicated in the How to Contact Us section of this document.
Our websites may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from Nippon Express. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. To the extent any linked websites you visit are not owned or controlled by Nippon Express, we are not responsible for the websites’ content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of linked websites.
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
We collect some personal data directly from you, for example when use our website, use our services or contact us or we obtain your personal data from our Business Partners and Affiliates (such as dealers or distributors with whom we have business relationship, or from the entities with whom we have entered into the contract for market survey purpose).
Categories of data we collect about you
- Physical Location and Contact Information (name, mailing address, email address and phone number, fax number, customer ID)
- Relationship Information (information regarding your inquiries, purchases, regional location and dealer transactions
- Information we collect online. We, collect personal data by using automated means, such as cookies. The information we collect in this manner may include: IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets.
How we use collected data
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. We pledge to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.
Nippon Express uses your Personal Data for providing you with goods and services you have requested or for alerting you to other products or service as specified below.
- Fulfilment of Your Request. When you use our inquiry, contest or survey functionality on our websites, we may use submitted information in conjunction with other information we have about you to supply you with relevant product and service offerings to better respond to your specific product or service inquiries or respond to complaints.
- Customer Service and Support. We collect and use information about you to support our customer service and support activities or related transactions. This can include, but is not limited to, warranty services, financing or purchasing, product delivery and maintenance support.
Legal Basis for Processing
Under data protection laws, Nippon Express must have a legal basis to process your Personal Data. The legal basis that applies in an instance will depend on for which of the specific purposes described above Nippon Express is processing your Personal Data:
- In certain cases, Nippon Express may ask for your consent to collect and process your Personal Data. Should you choose to provide your consent, you may later withdraw your consent by contacting us as described in the “How to contact us” section. Please note that the withdrawal of consent will not affect processing which has already occurred.
- In other instances, the processing of your Personal Data may be necessary to comply with an applicable law or regulation or for the performance of a contract to which you are subject. You may not be able to opt-out of this processing, or your choice to opt-out may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation otherwise owed to you.
- In still other instances, Nippon Express may process your Personal Data based on Nippon Express’s legitimate interests in communicating with you about our products and services, and about scientific research and educational opportunities. You have the right to opt-out of all such processing of your Personal Data. You may do so by contacting us as described in the “How to contact us” section.
- In accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation, it may also occur that processing of your Personal Data is deemed necessary for public or vital interests.
4. ARE WE GOING TO SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH ANYONE ELSE?
Nippon Express may share your information with the following parties:
- Dealers, business partners who provide some portion of our products, and service providers to provide products and services relating to the sale of Nippon Express products, internal company processes or the servicing of your accounts or transactions
- Marketing partners, to market to you directly, only if you have provided your consent for that purpose.
- Auditors, regulators and other entities, where legally required as needed to protect our rights or property in connection with the sale of assets and/or the company.
Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the data in line with our procedures.
5. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We also offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you. In accordance with the applicable laws, it is your right to
- access to your personal data processed by Nippon Express. Namely you can obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you, request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, and receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you.
- request correction, update and deletion or portability of personal data.
- object to your personal data being used for prospecting purposes, including in particular commercial purposes (marketing);
- withdraw any consent declaration given through the website or in any other manner (if any) with effect for the future at any time, and to access the wording of such consent declaration at any time
- You have the right to complain to the data protection authority to enforce these rights.
You can opt out of the collection and use of certain information which we collect about you by automated means, when you visit our websites. Your browser may tell you how to be notified and opt out of receiving certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our websites or online services.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by e-mail by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing e-mails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated in section 9. (How to contact us)
If you provide us with any information or material relating to another individual, you should make sure that the sharing with us and our further use as described to you from time to time is in line with applicable laws, so for example you should duly inform that individual on the processing of her/his personal data and obtain her/his consent, as may be necessary under applicable laws.
Nippon Express does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from or market to children under the age of 16 years old. If a child under the age of 16 has provided personal data to Nippon Express through our website, a parent or guardian may contact Nippon Express to request the information be deleted from our records. Following receipt of such a request, we will make reasonable efforts to delete the child's information from our records.
You can exercise your right and choices either by contacting us as specified in the section 9. (How to contact us)
6. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Website Privacy Notice or as otherwise disclosed to you at the time the data is collected.
7. HOW WE HOLD AND PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your personal information is important to Nippon Express. We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. These safeguards are intended to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the information you provide to us.
Nippon Express stores personal information only for as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the personal information was collected, unless otherwise required or authorized by applicable law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if required by law or if the personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
No data transmission over the Internet or otherwise can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Accordingly, despite our efforts to protect your information, Nippon Express cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us online. You transmit all such information at your own risk.
8. UPDATES TO OUR WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on relevant websites to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the Notice when it was most recently updated. If we update our Privacy Notice, in certain circumstances, we may seek your consent.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, feel free to contact Nippon Express’ Data Protection Committee at email@example.com