NIPPON EXPRESS GDPR PRIVACY NOTICE
Effective date: February 19, 2019
What is the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (collectively "GDPR") is regulation in the EU law concerning the processing and transfer of personal data for the purpose of protecting personal data within the EU/EEA.
1. OUR APPROACH TO PRIVACY
Nippon Express CO., LTD. (collectively “Nippon Express”) take your privacy seriously. Nippon Express understands transparency and respect are foundational aspects of longstanding relationships and, therefore, takes every reasonable effort to protect the information you provide to us.
This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the choices you can make about our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
We refer to personal data according to the following definition given in GDPR: “any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
2. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DATA
This Privacy Notice applies to the personal data that Nippon Express collects and uses. References in this Privacy Notice to “we”, “us” or “our” mean Nippon Express.
We control the ways your personal data are collected and the purposes for which your personal data are used by Nippon Express and are the “data controller” for the purposes of national legislation and GDPR.
Nippon Express entities responsible for the collection and use of your personal information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice are indicated in the How to Contact Us section of this document.
3. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR INFORMATION
We collect some personal data directly from you, for example when use our website, use our services or contact us or we obtain your personal data from our Business Partners and Affiliates (such as dealers or distributors with whom we have business relationship, or from the entities with whom we have entered into the contract for market survey purpose).
Categories of data we collect about you
- Physical Location and Contact Information (name, mailing address, email address, phone number, fax number, customer ID, etc.)
- Relationship Information : information regarding your inquiries, purchases, regional location and dealer transactions
- Information we collect online. We collect personal data by using automated means, such as cookies. The information we collect in this manner may include: IP address, browser type, operating system, referring URLs and information on actions taken or interaction with our digital assets. You can read more regarding our cookies and your related rights (including to withdraw your consent) in 5. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES.
How we use collected data
We will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with GDPR. We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. We pledge to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.
Nippon Express uses your Personal Data for providing you with goods and services you have requested or for alerting you to other products or service as specified below.
- Fulfilment of Your Request.
When you use our inquiry, contest or survey functionality on our websites, we may use submitted information in conjunction with other information we have about you to supply you with relevant product and service offerings to better respond to your specific product or service inquiries or respond to complaints.
- Customer Service and Support.
We collect and use information about you to support our customer service and support activities or related transactions. This can include, but is not limited to, warranty services, financing or purchasing, product delivery and maintenance support.
In addition, Nippon express may use the personal data of job applicants for purpose of recruitment activities. Where this occurs a separate privacy notice will be available at the point of submission of your details.
Legal Basis for Processing
Under data protection laws, Nippon Express must have a legal basis to process your Personal Data. The legal basis that applies in an instance will depend on for which of the specific purposes described above Nippon Express is processing your Personal Data:
- In certain cases, Nippon Express may ask for your consent to collect and process your Personal Data. Should you choose to provide your consent, you may later withdraw your consent by contacting us as described in the “How to contact us” section. Please note that the withdrawal of consent will not affect processing which has already occurred.
- In other instances, the processing of your Personal Data may be necessary to comply with an applicable law or regulation or for the performance of a contract to which you are subject. You may not be able to opt-out of this processing, or your choice to opt-out may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation otherwise owed to you.
- In still other instances, Nippon Express may process your Personal Data based on Nippon Express’s legitimate interests in communicating with you about our products and services, and about scientific research and educational opportunities. You have the right to opt-out of all such processing of your Personal Data. You may do so by contacting us as described in the “How to contact us” section.
- In accordance with GDPR, it may also occur that processing of your Personal Data is deemed necessary for public or vital interests.
4. ARE WE GOING TO SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH ANYONE ELSE?
Nippon Express may share your information with the following parties:
- Dealers, business partners who provide some portion of our products, and service providers to provide products and services relating to the sale of Nippon Express products, internal company processes or the servicing of your accounts or transactions.
- Auditors, regulators and other entities, where legally required as needed to protect our rights or property in connection with the sale of assets and/or the company.
5. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We also offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you. In accordance with the applicable laws, it is your right to:
- Access your personal data processed by Nippon Express. Namely you can obtain confirmation that we hold personal information about you, request access to and receive information about the personal information we maintain about you, and receive copies of the personal information we maintain about you.
- Request correction, update and deletion of personal data.
- Object to your personal data being used for prospecting purposes, including in particular commercial purposes (marketing).
- Withdraw any consent declaration given through the website or in any other manner (if any) with effect for the future at any time, and to access the wording of such consent declaration at any time..
- Request the restriction of processing for your personal data.
- Transmit your personal data to you or to another data controller (data portability). Where legal requirements are fulfilled, you can receive your personal data in a structured, generally used, and machine readable format. Furthermore, where technically possible, your personal data shall be transmitted to other data controllers.
Nippon Express will take appropriate measures to follow local laws and regulations regarding the collection of your information through cookies. Based on these laws and regulations, you may be able to opt out of the collection and use of certain information which we collect about you by automated means, when you visit our websites. Your browser may notify you on how to be informed and opt out of receiving certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our websites or online services.
A cookie is a small text file that the website sends to your device for the purpose of keeping records. It identifies your device, typically your web browser, but it cannot identify you as an individual.
Cookies necessary for a personalized user experience remember your preferences (e.g. language used) as well as your activities on our website, while other cookies provide enhanced functionality, gather analytical data to improve performance, or enable us or our Adtech partners to deliver personalized advertisements by tracking you across the internet.
Where legally required, you can choose whether to allow us or third-parties (our Adtech partners) to set cookies which are not strictly necessary for the functioning of the website via the cookie banner and settings provided on the individual websites.
You can exercise your right and choices either by using the specific links provided in this page or by contacting us as specified in the section How to contact us.
In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint concerning the processing of your personal data against a supervisory authority in the EU member country in which you live or work, or in which the alleged infringement occurred.
6. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you to recipients in a third country (including countries outside the EU) or international organizations. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information in accordance with the data protection law, utilizing appropriate safeguards. In addition, we will follow the steps described in this Privacy Notice or as otherwise disclosed to you at the time the data is collected.
7. DATA RETENTION
Nippon Express stores personal information only for as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which the personal information was collected, unless otherwise required or authorized by applicable law. We take measures to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if required by law or if the personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which we collected it.
8. UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice, to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on relevant websites to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate the updated date on the top of the page. In addition, we may seek your consent for certain updates based on the effects it may have on you and your personal information.
9. SPECIAL NOTES REGARDING USE OF THE WHISTLEBLOWER SYSTEM
In the event that whistleblowing information is leaked, anonymity may in some instances be removed and the profiles of persons who could be directly or indirectly identified through personal data (hereinafter, “data subjects”) disclosed to the responsible organization(s) within the company in order to protect the data subjects.
If a data subject submits an inquiry regarding personal data to a data processor, anonymity may in some instances be removed and the data subject’s profile disclosed to the responsible organization(s) within the company to ensure an appropriate response to the inquiry and to safeguard the data subject.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, feel free to contact Personal Data Complaints and Inquiry Desk at [ firstname.lastname@example.org ].